ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
18 Safar 1443 / 25 September 2021
1. Today, Saturday, 18 Safar 1443 / 25 September 2021, by the will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala and with a heavy heart, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that four COVID-19 confirmed cases have returned to the grace and mercy of Allah.
2. The first case was Case 5034, who was a 47-year-old man; the second case was Case 5281, who was a 86-year-old woman; the third case was Case 4907, who was a 91-year-old man; and the fourth case was Case 4245, who was a 36-year-old man. Case 5034 and Case 4907 suffered multiple health problems and both cases were not categorized as death due to the COVID-19 infection. Meanwhile, Case 5281 and Case 4245 suffered lung problems after being infected with COVID-19.
3. In this opportunity, myself representing the Ministry of Health as well as the people of Brunei Darussalam, would like to express our deepest condolences to the cases' families and pray their souls will receive blessings and are placed among the pious. Al-Fatihah…
(Recital of Al-Fatihah)
4. Today, three hundred and twenty-six (326) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been detected in the country bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 6,286.
- There are 61 additional new cases to 19 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, three new clusters have been detected bringing the current total active clusters to 106 clusters. The clusters are:
- Pusat Al-Islah Cluster that contains 128 cases;
- Serambangun Industrial Park Cluster that contains 25 cases; and
- 5532 Cluster that contains 8 cases.
- Meanwhile, 104 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
5. One hundred and sixty-six (166) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 4,188 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,054 cases.
6. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, eight cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with one case requiring the help of an additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, thirty-one (31) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
7. In the past 24 hours, a total of 4,487 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 330,478 tests.
8. At this opportunity, let us together pray that the citizens and residents of Brunei Darussalam will continue to be under the protection of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and be freed from the COVID-19 pandemic. Amiin Ya Rabbal Alamin.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 18 Safar 1443H / 25 September 2021