ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
21 Safar 1443 / 28 September 2021
1. Today, Tuesday, 21 Safar 1443 / 28 September 2021, by the will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala and with a heavy heart, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that one COVID-19 confirmed case has returned to the grace and mercy of Allah.
2. The case was Case 5019, who was a 66-year-old man. The case suffered lung problems after being infected with COVID-19 and was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit, National Isolation Centre.
3. In this opportunity, myself representing the Ministry of Health as well as the people of Brunei Darussalam, would like to express our deepest condolences to the case's family. May the family of the deceased be given patience and strength in seeing his passing.
(Moment of silence)
4. Today, one hundred and thirteen (113) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been detected in the country bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 6,813.
- There are 47 additional new cases to 11 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, four new clusters have been detected. The clusters are:
Meanwhile, one cluster has been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days. The closed cluster is 1848 Cluster. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 113 clusters. Meanwhile, there are 2 import cases recorded today where both cases arrived in Brunei Darussalam from Manila on 15 September 2021 on board flight Royal Brunei BI 684.Whereas, 44 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
- 6347 Cluster that contains 6 cases;
- 6425 Cluster that contains 4 cases;
- 6427 Cluster that contains 5 cases; and
- 6678 Cluster that contains 5 cases.
5. One hundred and thirty-nine (139) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 4,582 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,185 cases.
6. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, seven cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with one case requiring the help of an additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, thirty-four (34) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
7. In the past 24 hours, a total of 4,137 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 344,445 tests.
8. At this opportunity, let us pray that all the efforts in controlling the spread of COVID-19 in this country will be eased and receive blessings from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. May the spread of COVID-19 be curbed and may Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala continuously bless and protect us all from all unwanted harms. Amiin.. Amiin.. Ya Rabbal Alamin. Thank you.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 21 Safar 1443H / 28 September 2021