ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
04 Rabiulawal 1443 / 11 October 2021
1. Today, Monday, 04 Safar 1443 / 11 October 2021, one hundred and eighty-seven (187) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 9,167.
- There are 52 additional new cases to 21 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, five new clusters have been detected that involved 43 cases. All of the new clusters are accommodation clusters where three of it namely HTG Services Sdn Bhd Cluster, LDY Engineering Sdn Bhd Cluster and Massutera Engineering Sdn Bhd Cluster are housing clusters that accommodate the companies' employees.
- Three cluster have been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days. The closed cluster is Champion 7 – Blue Titanium Cluster, 3412 Cluster and 3748 Cluster. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 162 clusters.
- Meanwhile, 92 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
2. One hundred and ninety (190) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 6,880 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,223 cases.
3. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, eight cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with three cases requiring the help of additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, thirty-one (31) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
4. In the past 24 hours, a total of 3,552 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 406,629 tests.
5. On 10 October 2021, a total of 2,208 individuals have received the COVID-19 vaccine injection. This means that, under the National Vaccination Programme, a total of 330,410 individuals have received the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 72.8% from the total population. Meanwhile, 211,609 individuals have completed the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 46.7% from the total population.
6. Furthermore, to provide a clearer picture of the location of the positive cases detected in the county, the Ministry of Health would like to share some of the results of the research that has been conducted. As currently shown on the screen, between 03 October 2021 until 09 October 2021, there are six (6) mukims that have more than 80 positive cases. These mukims are namely Mukim Berakas 'A' (112 cases), Mukim Sengkurong (109 cases), Mukim Gadong 'B' (91 cases), Mukim Mentiri (83 cases), Mukim Pekan Tutong (102 cases) and Mukim Kuala Belait (128 cases).
7. Meanwhile, outcome from the multi-agencies enforcement monitoring that was carried out last night during the out-of-house restriction from 8 pm until 4 am this morning, a total of 22 violations of the directive nationwide were issued with compound fines. The public is reminded to comply with the directives that have been issued in order to restore the state of country from the COVID-19 infection.
8. Let us pray to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala that Brunei Darussalam will be protected from all harms from the COVID-19 pandemic. May all the efforts from the Government and public in controlling the spread of the outbreak will bring about outcomes that can be enjoyed by all the citizens and residents of the country. Aamiin Aamiin Ya Rabbalalamin. Thank you.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 04 Rabiulawal 1443H / 11 October 2021