ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
05 Rabiulawal 1443 / 12 October 2021
1. Today, Tuesday, 05 Safar 1443 / 12 October 2021, three hundred and five (305) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 9,472.
- There are 106 additional new cases to 23 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, four new clusters have been detected that involved 28 cases. All of the new clusters are accommodation clusters where two of it namely Mamih Café Cluster and Takaza Sdn Bhd Cluster are housing clusters that accommodate the companies' employees.
- Three cluster have been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days. The closed cluster is Chung Hua KB Cluster, 2085 Cluster and 4109 Cluster. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 163 clusters.
- Meanwhile, 171 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
2. Two hundred and seventeen (217) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 7,097 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,311 cases.
3. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, nine cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with three cases requiring the help of additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, twenty-six (26) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
4. In the past 24 hours, a total of 6,540 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 413,169 tests.
5. On 11 October 2021, a total of 5,195 individuals have received the COVID-19 vaccine injection. This means that, under the National Vaccination Programme, a total of 333,141 individuals have received the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 73.4% from the total population. Meanwhile, 214,073 individuals have completed the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 47.2% from the total population.
6. Meanwhile, outcome from the multi-agencies enforcement monitoring that was carried out last night during the out-of-house restriction from 8 pm until 4 am this morning, a total of 42 violations of the directive nationwide were issued with compound fines.
7. In this glorious month, let us take the opportunity to increase our zikir and prayers to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala so that Brunei Darussalam will always be protected and preserved from all harms brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. May all patients in our country especially those infected by COVID-19 to be granted full recovery and health. Aamiin Aamiin Ya Rabbalalamin. Thank you.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 05 Rabiulawal 1443H / 12 October 2021