ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
18 Rabiulakhir 1443 / 23 November 2021
1. Today, Tuesday, 18 Rabiulakhir 1443 / 23 November 2021, a total of seventy-one (71) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed today bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 14,701.
- There are 37 additional new cases to 10 of the existing active clusters who was previously a close contact with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, four new clusters have been detected that involved 21 cases. These new clusters are accommodation clusters, which two of the clusters namely LKH Sdn Bhd Cluster and Mah Mega Dormitory Cluster are housing clusters that accommodate the companies' employees.
- As currently shown on the screen, six clusters have been closed following no new detected cases in the clusters for 28 days. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 145 clusters.
(Screen: Pasar Gadong Cluster, 9012 Cluster, 9627 Cluster, 10625 Cluster, 11942 Cluster and Negalang Unat Site Cluster).
- Meanwhile, 13 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
2. Fifty-five (55) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 14,162 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 441 cases.
3. Among the cases being treated at this time, five cases (05) are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation. Meanwhile, one other case is categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and close monitoring.
4. In the past 24 hours, a total of 4,860 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 592,626 tests.
5. On 22 November 2021, a total of 5,609 individuals have received the COVID-19 vaccine injection. This means that, under the National Vaccination Programme, a total of 401,091 individuals have received the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 93.3% from the total population. Meanwhile, 333,144 individuals have completed the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 77.5% from the total population.
6. For 'Operasi Peralihan' that was carried out recently from 10 pm until 4 am, a total of 8 violations of the directive nationwide were issued with compound fines, where 7 of it are violations of the directive to stay at home.
7. In this opportunity, let us together pray for the health and safety of all the frontliners who have tirelessly contributed their energy, time and strength in facing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. May they always be blessed, given patience and perseverance, as well as given rewards by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala for all the services that have contributed. Aamiin…Aamiin Ya Rabbal Alamin. Thank you.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 18 Rabiulakhir 1443H / 23 November 2021