THE 1st JOINT WORKING GROUP ON HEALTH COOPERATION MEETING BETWEEN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM AND THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
The Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam is hosting the 1st Joint Working Group (JWG) on Health Cooperation Meeting between Brunei Darussalam and the Republic of Indonesia. The meeting is held over two days, starting today, July 9th until July 10th, 2019, at the Rizqun International Hotel, Bandar Seri Begawan.
Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr. Haji Mohammad Isham bin Haji Jaafar, Minister of Health hosted a welcoming dinner for all the meeting's delegates on the night of July 9th, at the Tarindak D'Seni Restaurant. Present at the dinner, Drg. Oscar Primadi, Secretary General, Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia and Dr Sujatmiko, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Indonesia. Also present at the dinner were, Awang Haji Abdul Manap bin Othman, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam and the Deputy Permanent Secretaries at the Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam.
The 1st JWG on Health Cooperation Meeting is attended by nearly 50 delegates, comprising of senior officials from Ministries of Health from both countries. Brunei delegation is led by Awang Haji Abdul Manap bin Othman, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health and the Republic of Indonesia delegation is led by Drg. Oscar Primadi, Secretary General, Ministry of Health. The meeting aims to strengthen the close cooperation of the two countries in the field of health which has been formalised through the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Health Cooperation.
The Meeting discussed the Plan of Action (PoA) as part of the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding which focuses on (7) main agendas for areas of cooperation which are:
- Exchange of information on Public Health (Diseases Control, Environmental Health, Occupational Health, and Food Safety);
- Exchange of information on Health Promotion;
- Exchange of information on Traditional Medicines, Medicinal Products and Health Technology Regulations;
- Exchange of information on Traditional, and Complementary Medicines (Practice);
- Identify mutually agreed areas in the exchange of health and medical experts, and develop the exchange program;
- Internship Program for Health Professionals in specified specialties areas; and
- Joint research and development in the area of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs).
The 1st JWG on health cooperation meeting closed with the Signing of the Plan of Action (PoA) on Health as part of the implementation of the MoU on Health Cooperation between Brunei Darussalam and the Republic of Indonesia.
The following day, July 10th, Drg. Oscar Primadi, Secretary General, Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia and fellow delegates have the opportunity to conduct working visits to the Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha Hospital, Berakas Health Centre, and the Universiti Brunei Darussalam