TEMPORARY DIVERSION FOR MONTHLY MEDICINES COLLECTION FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AT PHARMACIES OF GOVERNMENT HEALTH CENTRES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
1. In response to the current situation of COVID-19 in Brunei Darussalam, the Ministry of Health through the Department of Pharmaceutical Services would like to further advise the public on the temporary diversion of collecting monthly medicines for patients with repeat prescriptions at pharmacies of Government health centres as stated in the Ministry of Health's media announcement dated 14th March 2020.
2. Pharmacy services at the Berakas Health Centre and Pengkalan Batu Health Centre are still open, but to cater for flu cases only until further notice. Patients who normally collect their medicines from the Pharmacy at the Berakas Health Centre, Lambak Kanan will now need to obtain their supplies from the Pharmacy at the Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Mutawa-Wakkilah Hayatul Bolkiah (PAPHMWHB) Health Centre, Gadong, while those who normally collect from the Pharmacy at Pengkalan Batu Health Centre can go to the Pharmacy at the Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah (PAPHRSB) Health Centre, Sungai Asam.
3. Patients on chronic or long term medicines are encouraged to use the Easy Collect Service which is available at pharmacies in Government hospitals and health centres as listed in Table A. The purpose of this service is to ease patients in reducing the time waiting for the prescription to be filled at the pharmacy. The public can call or e-mail the pharmacy to alert the need for refilling their prescriptions early; where the medicines supply can be taken after 3 working days according to the day of request as indicated in Table B.
Monday to Thursday and Saturday
8.00 am to 12.00 noon and 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
Request can be made at any time. Requests received after working
hours will be processed at the next working day.
4. The public will be informed accordingly in the event any other pharmacies at the hospitals or health centres are diverted or closed temporarily for the public.
5. Patients listed below are not encouraged to use the Easy Collect Service and are recommended to collect at their respective pharmacy:
- Patient paying for their medicines.
- Patient needing medicines urgently due to no more stock at home.
Please contact your nearest pharmacy for further information.
6. Table A: Summary of temporary diversions and list of pharmacies in Government hospitals and health centres with contact details (as of 24th March 2020).
|Hospital/Health Centre||Place of Collection ||Telephone number||E-mail address for Easy Collect Service|
|Pharmacy, Berakas Health Centre, Lambak Kanan||Pharmacy, PAPHMWHB Health Centre, Gadongfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, Pengkalan Batu Health Centre|
Pharmacy, PAPHRSB Health Centre,
|Outpatient Pharmacy, RIPAS Hospital||No email@example.com|
|Women and Child Centre Pharmacy, RIPAS Hospital||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, PMMPMHAMB Hospital, Tutong||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, SSB Hospital, Kuala Belait||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, PAPHMWHB Health Centre, Gadong||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, Muara Health Centre||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, Jubli Emas Health Centre, Bunut||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, Jubli Perak Health Centre, Sengkurong|
|No change||2662076|| |
|Pharmacy, PAPHRSB Health Centre, Sg. Asam||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, Sungai Liang Health Centre||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, Seria Health Centre||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, Telisai Health Centre||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, Pekan Tutong Health Centre||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacy, Lamunin Health Centre||No email@example.com|
|Pharmacy, Sungai Kelugos Health Centre||No firstname.lastname@example.org|
7. Table B: Day of request and day medicines are ready for collection.
|Day of Request for Repeat Medicines |
(either by telephone during office hours
or by email)
|Day the medicines are ready for collection*|
|Wednesday||Monday of the following week|
|Thursday||Tuesday of the following week|
|Friday||Tuesday of the following week|
|Saturday||Wednesday of the following week|
|Sunday||Wednesday of the following week|
(*3 days and not including public holidays, Fridays and Sundays. Date of collection will be forwarded to the following day if the e-mail request was received after working hours and if the day falls on a public holiday. Hence, patients are advised to make sure they have sufficient stocks on hand while using this service.)
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 29 Rejab 1441H / 24 March 2020