MEDIA STATEMENT OF THE CURRENT
SITUATION OF THE COVID-19 INFECTION
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
14 Syawal 1441 / 06 June 2020
1. The Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that today, Saturday, 14 Syawal 1441 / 06 June 2020, Alhamdulillah with the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala, there is no new case of COVID-19 infection in the country. Therefore, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Brunei Darussalam remains at 141 cases, whereas the total number of cases that have recovered is 138 individuals.
2. At this time, there is only one case still being treated at the National Isolation Centre, where the case is still in critical condition and require heart / lung machine (ECMO) as well as respiratory assistance. Let us together pray for the patient to be granted full recovery by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. Aamiin Ya Rabbal Alamiin
3. In the past 24 hours, a total of 538 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV2 virus, that brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 21,157 tests.
4. Furthermore, following the announcement on the Bruhealth App, Alhamdulillah at this time a total of 279,226 individuals have registered as users to the application. In addition to that, a total of 5,899 businesses and premises have registered for the application.
5. Furthermore, the Ministry of Health would like to emphasize and remind the public to still carry out their social responsibilities and to take precautionary measures when visiting restaurants, shops, markets and grocery stores. It is especially important to always practice physical distancing as recommended and to not go in crowded areas. In addition, business and restaurant owners are also advised to take precautionary measures to avoid overcrowding situations at or around the premises.
6. For further information and latest updates, members of the public can visit the official website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.bn or by contacting the Health Advice Line 148 or through the BruHealth App or healthinfo.gov.bn
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 14 Syawal 1441H / 06 June 2020