PRESS RELEASE ON THE CURRENT
SITUATION OF THE COVID-19 INFECTION
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
08 Zulhijjah 1442 / 19 July 2021
1. The Ministry of Health would like to inform the public on the current situation of the COVID-19 infection in Brunei Darussalam for Monday, 08 Zulhijjah 1442 / 19 July 2021, as of 12.00 noon.
|Summary of Cases |
|New Case Today ||Total Number of Cases |
|Recovered Case Today ||Active Cases||Deaths||Recovered|
|Last local COVID-19 cases ||Total number of imported cases since the last local case was reported|
Reported on 6 May 2020
(439 days ago)
|Summary of Individuals Undergoing Self-Isolation |
|Total number of individuals undergoing Mandatory Self Isolation||Total number of individuals who have completed Mandatory Self Isolation (since March 2020)|
|Summary of Number of Virus SARS-CoV-2 tests |
|Total number of tests conducted within 24 hours||Total number of tests conducted (since Januari 2020)|
COVID-19 Vaccination Status
|Total number of vaccines administered on 18 July 2021 |
|Total population administered with at least 1 dose of vaccine|
Total population administered with
2 doses of vaccine
|Total senior citizens administered with at least 1 dose of vaccine|
|110,814 (24.4%)||20,010 (4.4%)||18,415|
2. The new cases reported today are Indonesian citizens that arrived in Brunei Darussalam from Indonesia via Singapore on 12 July 2021:
i) Case 292 is a 31-year-old woman who had a fever for one day on 9 July 2021 and had no signs of infection while travelling into the country;
ii) Case 293 is a 36-year-old man who had a fever and flu since 15 July 2021;
iii) Case 294 is a 28-year-old man who had experienced chills since 17 July 2021 and a fever since 18 July 2021;
iv) Case 295 is a 36-year-old woman;
v) Case 296 is a 46-year-old woman;
vi) Case 297 is a 24-year-old woman;
vii) Case 298 is a 23-year-old woman;
viii) Case 299 is a 27-year-old man;
ix) Case 300 is a 40-year-old man;
x) Case 301 is a 49-year-old man;
xi) Case 302 is a 35-year-old man;
xii) Case 303 is a 34-year-old man;
xiii) Case 304 is a 29-year-old woman; and
xiv) Case 305 is a 41-year-old woman.
All the cases from Case 295 until Case 305 does not have any signs of infection.
3. Contact tracing for all these cases found that there is no close contact for each case. All of the cases were detected when they were undergoing quarantine and all their travel arrangements upon arrival and their quarantine follows the existing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
4. All the cases treated at the National Isolation Centre are in a stable condition.
5. For further information and latest updates, members of the public can visit the official website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.bn or by contacting the Health Advice Line 148 or through the BruHealth App.
- END -
Reference : KK/PR/1
Date : 08 Zulhijjah 1442 / 19 July 2021