- Food Safety Laboratory
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Environment Laboratory
- Parasitology Laboratory
- Viral Serology Laboratory
- Narcotic Laboratory
- Toxicology Laboratory
- Forensic Biology/DNA Laboratory
- Document Examination Laboratory
- Criminalistic Laboratory
- Responsible in ensuring the smoothness of operation, examination and validation of the laboratory analysis that the data obtained are accurate, reliable and produced in a timely manner efficiently.
- Contribute actively to the development of new techniques or improve and validate existing laboratory Protocol.
- Able to represent the Department as an expert witness in court cases, when needed.
Bachelor's degree in the field of forensic science, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, food science, environmental science, or other qualifications related to the scope of work in the Department of Scientific Services.
Technician and Laboratory Assistant
- Receiving samples from clients.
- Running routine and non-routine analysis , test , experiment and measurement , particularly in the laboratory .
- Preparing chemical reagents for all tests and analysis.
Academic Qualifications for Technicians
BDTVEC National Diploma in science.
Academic Qualifications for Laboratory Assistant
BDTVEC Pre-National Diploma in science or 4 GCE "O" - Level including science or mathematics.
Normally, every July, Department of Scientific Services is having an " open day " in which pre-university students and higher education institutions , officers and employees from relevant agencies are welcome to make a visit to this department.