Boards Management Office (BMO)
Ensuring public safety by regulating Brunei's health practitioners in partnership with health professional Boards and Councils.
BMO is mandated to:
- Improve capacity to ensure public safety through maintaining and improving standards.
- Reduce red tape and increase efficiencies through lean management and hence optimizing boards and councils performance.
- Ensure that boards and councils maintain impartiality and uphold values of integrity.
Roles and Functions:
1. Centralised registration of health professional
- Provide centralized application for registration for all Boards.
- Maintain a register of professionals in a centralized database system.
2. Standards and guidelines
Supporting the Boards on professional standards, codes and guidelines in protecting public safety.
3. Provides guidance for accreditation, education and training
Work closely with relevent Boards in providing guidances in the recognition/accreditation of health related programs and professional development.
4. Health Practitioners Notification (Feedback and Concerns) Management:
Feedback and Concerns related to health practitioners can be forwaded to BMO for further necessary action if relevant
5. Collaborate with relevant departments/agencies concerning health practitioners
6. Monitor Performance of each of the Boards:
All Boards are required to submit their annual report which will be published
- Click here for Registration process -
- Click here for list of health professions required to registered under BMO -
- Click here for Notification handling policy and procedure -
- Click here for Notifications Forms -
- 2016 report -
How to reach us:
Boards Management Office
2nd Floor, Ministry of Health
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910, Brunei Darussalam
Tel: +673 2380170
Fax: +673 2382032