REGISTRATION WITH ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
A. INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
1. Fill in all relevant sections of the Application Form clearly in blue/black ink and block letters.
2. Unless otherwise provided, cross reference to supporting documents is not allowed. For example, "Please refer to enclosed/attached" is not acceptable.
3. The completed Application Form (original) with all applicable supporting documents (see Section B below) must be submitted to the Boards Management Office, 2nd Floor, Ministry of Health (for private practice applicants - through the employer or prospective employer in Brunei Darussalam).
4. If you have graduated from a training programme outside of Brunei Darussalam, please arrange for the University or Institute of Higher Learning awarding the qualification to send the following directly to the Council via email1 (scanned copy in PDF) or post2:
i. A Letter of Verification3 of your basic and postgraduate qualification (if applicable),
ii. A copy of Examination Result Transcripts for every year of your education, and
iii. An original testimonial from the Dean, Registrar or Lecturer of the University or Institute of Higher Learning, attesting to your good character (required for fresh graduates only).
5. If you have been registered or licensed in another country within the past 3 years, please arrange with the regulatory or licensing authority with whom you were registered or licensed, to send a Certificate of Registration/Letter of Good Standing4 and details5 of your registration or licensure directly to the Council via email1 (scanned copy in PDF) or post2.
6. You may also be required to submit additional documents or information to the Council upon request.
7. Any document which is not in English shall be submitted with a certified translation thereof in English, together with the original or certified true copy of the document which is not in English.
8. The applicant will be contacted once the application is successful. He/she is required to collect the registration certificate and annual practising certificate from Boards Management Office, 2nd Floor, Ministry of Health and pay the relevant prescribed fees i.e. a registration fee of B$100.00 (one time only) and practising fee of B$50.00 (renewable every year). Additional fees may be imposed if the Council requires further verification of the applicant's credentials.
- Email address of AHPCBD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address of AHPCBD:
Allied Health Professions Council of Brunei Darussalam
1st Floor, Ministry of Health,
Commonwealth Drive BB3910
- The Letter of Verification from the University or Institute of Higher Learning must contain the applicant's name, date of entry into the course, date of graduation, degree or title conferred, medium of instruction for the course, and must be duly endorsed by the Dean, Registrar or an authorised officer of the awarding institution if such information is not already included in the transcript.
- The Certificate of Registration/Letter of Good Standing must reach the Council within 3 months of its date of issue.
- Details of registration or licensure must contain the applicant's name, date and type of registration, registration number, information on his/her professional conduct, information on his/her registration suspension or cancellation, and fitness to practice if not already included in the Certificate of Good Standing.
B. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT:
Copies of the following documents are required for the Council to start reviewing your application:
|1. ||National Registered Identify Card (NRIC) or Passport|
For NRIC, photocopies of the front and back are required.
For Passport, photocopies of the information pages and pages with photograph are required.
|2. ||Letter of offer of employment from the prospective/current employer in Brunei Darussalam|| |
|3. ||Basic and postgraduate qualification certificates||All certificates and academic transcripts for qualifications entered in the application form must be provided.|
|4. ||Accreditation letters of all relevant qualifications from Brunei Darussalam National Accreditation Council, Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam|| |
|5. ||Certificate of Registration or Letter of Good Standing with other regulatory or licensing authority (if applicable)|| |
|6. ||Results of Licensing or National Examination (if applicable)|| |
|7. ||Results of English Language Proficiency Test (if requested by the Council)||Example of English Language Proficiency Test: IELTS|
|8.||Certificate of Service or Work Testimonial (if applicable)|
Applicable to applicants with professional practice experience only and document to be obtained from the last employer.
The applicant's name, appointment, period of employment, nature of work and assessment of work performance must be indicated in the Certificate of Service/Work Testimonial using the employing institution's letterhead. It needs to be dated, duly signed by an authorized person and endorsed with the employing institution's stamp.